Over the past couple of months, we have shown you a large number of heavily-modified Kia cars and SUVs.
We are now heading over Atlantic to see how Europeans do the Kias.
Published below is an interview with Mr. Michel Smets. He lives in Germany and drives a beautiful Kia cee’d 5-door hatchback.
Here’s what he told us about his Kia ownership experience.
Cee’d Tuning Photos
1. Tell us something about your Kia cee’d ownership experience?
I became a Kia fan when my parents bought the Carnival MPV and I have seen the Kia Cerato/Spectra at the Kia dealer.
So, I gave my Ford away, bought the Kia Spectra, which was later replaced by the new Kia cee’d, which I currently own.
I like everything about the car, especially its nice design, good quality. The price was fine too! Thanks to this great car, I’ve become a huge Kia fan!
2. What do other people say about your Kia cee’d?
Most of the people can’t believe that my car is from 2007 and is still in such a great condition.
3. How long have you owned your ride?
I’ve owned my Kia cee’d since 2009. It was a demonstration car at my Kia dealer between 2007 and 2008.
4. Honestly, what was your intention when you bought your Kia?
I wanted to buy an affordable and attractive car. The cee’d had an attractive price, so I bought it. Additionally, I also got a great looking body-kit for a great price!
5. What do you like the most about your ride?
My ATS Wheels and the full leather interior! 🙂
More Images Of the Kia Cee’d
6. What is it that makes your ride look unique?
The style of the car and the exterior body kit. I kept it simple, with not many stickers and no big wings or other tuning stuff.
There are not many 5-door cee’ds with aftermarket mods in Germany. Most of the owners have modified pro_cee’ds.
The thing that als makes my car unique is that I always keep it clean and polished.
7. What accessories have you installed so far / do you have any future plans?
- Front-lip, side-skirts, rear-lip from, roof-spoiler all from ATH Hinsberger, H+R springs 35 mm
- Stainless-steel duplex-exhaust-system after the catalyzer from Friedrich Motorsport, ATS Wheels 8Jx18″ with ET45, Pirelli tires
- Strutbar from Wiechers, tinted windows, some lil paintjobs at the engine bay, Euro headlights turned into US headlights
- K&N air-filter, some wrapping mods: stripes on the sides, complete red wrapped rear-lights (to have red turn-signals), front eye-lids, cleaned frontgrill OEM Kia, high-gloss black painted calipers
Future tuning plans:
– new suspension from KSport and a HDD radio/navigation with new speakers.
Kia Cee’d Details & Specs:
Model: Cee’d 5-door hatchback
Engine: 2.0L with 143 horsepower
Trim Level: TX
Model Year: 2007
Tire Size: 225/40 R18
Average Mpg: NA
Miles driven so far: 65000 kilometer / about 40000 miles