Kia Sorento 2020: What’s new & changed?
The 2020 Kia Sorento has arrived in dealerships across the United States, featuring some subtle styling upgrades, including interior trim enhancements, additional convenience features and improved safety technology.
The SUV has standard three-row seating that fits up to seven people, in a comfortable “shape-shifting” adaptable interior and 5000lb towing capacity that means this SUV is as practical as it is stylish.
With a powerful V6 engine and available all-wheel-drive system, the 2020 Kia Sorento truly offers utility and performance value.
With the current generation Kia Sorento having been in the U.S. market for nearly five years, this vehicle has a solid track record and offers great value in the crowded midsize SUV / crossover segment.
Keep reading to find out exactly what’s new and has been updated on the 2020 Sorento.
2020 Kia Sorento: What’s new?
1. Front and rear bumpers, headlamps, fog lamps and taillights have undergone a slight redesign to appear more sculpted and upper-scale.
2. EX is now a separate trim rather than an option package.
3. The V6 trim line-up has been simplified to the new S trim, which includes features from the 2019 LX Convenience Package – that is, 19-inch black alloy wheels and black roof rails, as well as standard push-button start and Forward Collision Avoidance assist (FCA).
4. Last year’s EX Sport trim returns as the EX, featuring a panoramic sunroof, 19-inch black alloy wheels and enhanced ADAS with Blind Spot Collision Warning and Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance systems.
5. The SX leads the line-up with standard Surround View Monitor, power folding mirrors and an updated navigation audio unit with embedded modem connectivity.
2020 Kia Sorento trim levels & pricing
The 2020 model year Sorento has five simplified trim levels available, as opposed to last year’s eight. These are the:
- S V6
- EX Sport V6
- SX V6
The price tag for the base 2020 Kia Sorento L is $26,290, which comes with the 2.4L four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic gearbox, while the top-of-the-range SX trim level, which features the more powerful V6 engine and an eight-speed automatic gearbox, is priced at $41,790 – with the rest of the trim levels falling between those prices.
It should be noted that these prices don’t include the destination charge of $1,045.
Does Kia Sorento offer AWD?
The 2020 Kia Sorento does offer all-wheel-drive, however it does not come standard. With exception of the base level L trim, the all-wheel-drive system in the new Kia Sorento can be added to all other trims at an extra cost of $1800.
Jump to Kia Sorento colors news article.