Please, welcome our second Kia owner who is participating in our weekly interview. His name is Mike and he’s a proud owner of an eye-catching, black Kia Sorento SUV!
My name is Mike, I live in Florida (USA), 44 years old, I’m an electrical engineer. In my spare time I like messing with my Sorento (obviously), riding rollercoaster, volunteering and riding bikes.
1. How long have you owned your Kia Sorento SUV?
This is my second Sorento. Got the first one in March 2003, sold it after “personalizing” it and got the 2005 model, which I now own.
2. What cars did you own before Sorento?
Mazda’s, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Dodge
3. Honestly, what was your intention when you bought your Sorento?
I wanted an SUV that wasn’t huge, not overpriced and one that could pull my boat
4. In a few words, describe the style of your Sorento?
It’s sporty, fun to drive and fun to customize
5. What do you like the most about Sorento?
I like the body lines and shape, it’s price and warranty
6. Is there anything you don’t like about it?
The gas mileage!
7. What is it that makes your Sorento look unique?
I think the hood scoop and “notched body” dual exhaust
8. What Kia Sorento accessories have you installed so far?
-Kia alarm with remote start
-Kia sunroof wind deflector
-Intrax lowering springs
-AirLift 1000 air spring kit
-Directed Electronics automatic headlights
-Black headlights with neon Angel Eyes
-LED parking lights and turn signals
-EuroFX 6000k HID headlights
-Side marker lights
-Black chrome Altezza taillights
-Tomato A&P grille
-‘T’ Style OEM front bumper protector
-3D Carbon hood scoop
-Custom “notched body” S.S. dual exhaust
-Hidden Hitch receiver hitch
-Power Adder air filter
-Custom polished aluminum air intake tube
-Yakima roof rack system with bike trays
-KDM liftgate badge and wheel center caps
-Reverse warning sensor system
-Eibach 30mm wheel spacers
-Ventvisor vent shades
-Gentex autodimming mirror with compass and outdoor temperature
-Pioneer AVIC-D1 head unit with GEX-P910XM XM radio tuner
-Pioneer CDX-P1280 12 disk CD changer
-Sony XM-D1300P5 800w mono digital amplifier
-Kenwood KVA-S300 video selector
-Blaupunkt DVD player
-8″ flipdown monitor
-Rockford Fosgate P310D2 10″ subwoofer in custom built-in enclosure
-Rockford Fosgate P162S component speakers (2 sets)
-Monster 1-farad capacitor
-Dynamat in doors and cargo area
-Dino white faced gauges
-Chrome speedometer trim rings
9. What’s next?
Next is slotted and vented rotors
10. Who helped modify your Sorento?
Did all the work myself with tech help from www.sorentosite.com
11. Products of which tuning company did you use so far?
12. How would you rate your car; on a scale from 1 to 10?
13. How would you pimp your ride if you had no limits?
Maybe new rims, leather seats and automatic climate control
14. What do people say about your Sorento?
I get asked constantly what kind of SUV it is, “is it a Lexus, Mercedes Benz?” to which I reply, “nope, it’s a KIA”
15. What would you advise to Kia owners who might be looking to customize their cars in future?
Don’t be afraid to try!
16. Do you see yourself as a Kia owner in the future?
Thank you Mike!