There is a definite feeling that the upcoming 2020 Kia Soul EV could well go on to become one of the top-selling electric vehicles worldwide.
It bears the iconic Soul exterior look, whilst also being clean, efficient, and by all accounts, cheap to maintain.
This is not to say that everyone will love what the new battery-powered Soul EV has to offer, but it has all the qualities of a vehicle that will appeal to the masses.
California, as well as several other CARB states (California Air Resources Board), will be the first to take shipment of the zero-emission Soul model.
Best 2020 Kia Soul EV video review so far
Note: this is the Euro-market Kia eSoul, but the specs are identical to the US-market model.
US-specs of electric Kia Soul 2020
- Battery: 64 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Range EPA-rated at 243 miles
- Energy density (cell) 250 Wh/kg
- Energy consumption WLTP: 157 Wh/km
- On-board charger 7.2 kW
- CCS DC fast-charging capability as standard (100 kW DC fast-charger enables charging from 20% up to 80% capacity in just 42 minutes)
- Horsepower / torque: 150 kW (@ 3,800 – 8000 rpm) and 395 Nm (@ 0 – 3,600 rpm)
- Top speed: 167 km/h (104 miles)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.6 seconds
- Curb weight: 1,682 kg (3708 lbs)
Read more news about Kia electric cars here.