Kia Soul 2014 has received a complete styling makeover.
Let’s check what’s new!
Built on a heavily-updated front-wheel-drive platform, the redesigned 2014 Kia Soul offers improved driving dynamics, updated powertrain technology, more spacious cabin and a plethora of premium features.
The new Kia Soul hosts a large number of technical improvements and styling changes, so let’s take a look at the most notable ones.
2014 Kia Soul Chassis, suspension changes
- The all-new chassis is nearly 29 percent stiffer than before.
- More than 60% of the chassis utilizes either Ultra High Strength Steel (35 percent) or High Strength Steel (31 percent).
- Kia Soul’s ride and handling have been vastly improved through heavily revised front and rear suspension set ups.
- The 2014 Kia Soul sits on a 101.2-inch wheelbase (+ 0,8-inch compared to the previous model)
- The car’s width has increased by 0,6-inch for a total of 70,9 inches, while the overall height remained the same as before (63,4 inches).
- The overall length of a car is 163 inches.
2014 Kia Soul trim levels: Base, Plus, Exclaim
The Soul will have three different trim levels, called Base, Plus and Exclaim. The “Base” is an entry-level trim level, while the “Plus” adds a few extras to the base model.
The Soul Exclaim is the range topping trim level offering a large number of premium features!
Color options of 2014 Kia Soul
Kia announced the new Soul crossover vehicle will offer a choice of 7 new colors. The carmaker stagged a Solar Yellow and Inferno Red painted Soul models at the vehicle’s premiere in New York.
Additional exterior colors are expected to be announced closer to the Kia Soul’s release date along with the car’s pricing.
2014 Kia Soul wheels & tires
The base model of the all-new 2014 Kia Soul sits on a 205/55R 16 (16×6.5) Kumho tires. The Soul Plus rides on 215/55 R17 (17 x 6.5) tires, while the top-of-the-range Exclaim model uses low profile 235/45 R18 (18 x 7.5) Kumho tires.
We have only covered the main technical changes and improvements made to the 2014 Kia Soul crossover vehicle.
There are plenty of more, so make sure you browse through our Kia Soul news articles in order to find more details of this exciting vehicle.
For further in-depth details about the new Kia Soul, we suggest you to visit your local Kia dealership!