In our latest Kia owner interview, we talked to the owner of Kia Telluride (& Stinger).
The Telluride is the largest and most luxorious SUV that Kia has ever produced, which is why we were so interested in finding out if bigger really is better.
We now have that question answered, thanks to Tim from Atlanta, a Telluride owner who was more than happy to talk to us about his initial ownership experience with the new model.
It might not be too hard to spot Tim on the road, as he is one of the first few people to get his hands on the 2020 Kia Telluride in Georgia.
He made the switch to his stunning new Dark Moss Green model because he was tired of getting 10 mpg with his old truck. He has now doubled that mileage with his new purchase.
Tim was not new to the Kia brand, though, as he also has a Stinger GT2. The goal with the Telluride was to get a bigger vehicle that was comfy to drive yet still sturdy enough to haul a camper.
To learn more about what Tim loves about the Kia Telluride, please read the rest of his interview.
Kia Telluride owner interview (Q&A)
1.Tell us something about your Kia Telluride car ownership experience so far?
I absolutely love the Telluride so far. I traded a beast of a truck that was getting 10 MPG and now my Kia Telluride is getting 20 MPG around town.
2. Honestly, what was your intention when you bought your Kia Telluride?
I have a 2019 KIA Stinger GT2 and love the technology in the car. I wanted an SUV that could pull me small camper and still be fun to drive.
3. Did you have any second thoughts purchasing a Telluride?
No. None at all. I never thought I would ever own a KIA but after my wife got the Stinger we were sold. We bought 2 KIAs in about a month.
4. What do you like the most about the vehicle?
It’s super comfortable, gets pretty good gas mileage, and will still pull my camper. Oh and the 10.25” screen is pretty cool too.
5. What do other people say about your Telluride?
I have had a few people say they have never heard of the Telluride and wanted to know who makes the car. They said it was a great looking car.
6. In your opinion, what is the main advantage of the Kia Telluride over its competition?
7. What is it that makes your ride look unique?
Well I bought one of the first SX with prestige package in the Atlanta, Ga area.
8. What Kia accessories have you installed so far / do you have any future plans?
Nothing yet, but I will be adding the tow package (on order) and the roof rack bars soon.
Specifications of the Telluride
- Model year: 2020
- Trim level: SX with Prestige Package
- Exterior color: Dark Moss Green
- Tire size: P245/50 R20
- MPG / fuel consumption: around 20 mpg
- Miles driven so far: /
theKEEA: Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Kia fans, Tim! Enjoy your ride!