What to expect from the 2021 Kia Soul (dealership arrival date, colors and trim level changes)?
The newest generation of the Kia Soul crossover was released early in 2019, so we don’t really expect there to be any significant changes once the 2021 model year is delivered to market.
That doesn’t mean that we can’t take a look at some potential changes, though.
Let us start by saying that there is unlikely to be any styling tweaks made to the 2021 Kia Soul. Any changes made were addressed in the newest generation, so don’t look for styling upgrades in the upcoming model year.
The same rules apply with the interior of the Kia boxy car, with the cabin basically remaining untouched.
2021 Kia Soul release date
The official release date for the 2021 Kia Soul has yet to be announced. Our best guess would be that the 2021 model year Soul would land in showrooms in the US in the middle part of 2020. This is usually the standard release date for Kia and their new model year in the United States
Possible changes & upgrades
While much will remain unchanged, there are some possible changes that could show up in the upcoming 2021 Soul crossover. Please be aware that none of the items listed below have officially been confirmed by Kia USA!
- Colors: Some of the exterior paint shades available now may be discontinued in the 2021 Kia Soul color range. That could make way for some new color additions.
- Hybrid: There is a chance that a hybrid model may finally become a part of the Soul family. The long-rumored Kia Soul hybrid could now happen since it could smoothly run on the same powertrain used by the Hyundai Kona hybrid.
- Electric: The 2021 Kia Soul EV is virtually a given, with that model initially set for release in the US next year. We don’t really know why Kia decided to hold off on releasing this one this year. But we are 100% sure that the Soul EV, with a 243-mile range, will arrive for the 2021 model year.
- AWD: Since the very early days of the Kia Soul, people have been asking for an AWD version of the funky crossover. While it hasn’t happened yet, we are of the belief that the 2021 model year will be when the Soul AWD finally happens.
- Trim levels: Don’t expect any changes here, as the 6 existing trim levels will carry over into the 2021 model year without any modifications. We may see something change in regards to the available standard and optional convenience features, but that would probably be all.
- Special edition model: Kia does love to tinker with the Soul range, which they might well do with another special edition model. We think that there will almost certainly be a 2021 Soul special edition model launched, albeit produced in very limited numbers.
- Will you be able to tow a trailer with the 2021 Soul crossover?
Kia doesn’t recommend towing with the Soul. The vehicle just isn’t made for that. However, we have seen many owners haul lighter trailers loaded with small boats or motorcycles.
So, towing with Kia Soul is possible, but you should be aware that this action may void the carmaker’s warranty rules. Be cautious!
2. Will there be a price increase for the 2021 Kia Soul?
Honestly, we don’t expect any major price increase for the 2021 Kia Soul. If Kia does make the Soul pricier, the increase will highly likely be in the range of $150 – $250 and not more!
Stay tuned for more news about Kia Soul 2021
For the most part, we are mostly guessing at what Kia may have up their sleeve for the upcoming Soul crossover. Check back here for the latest 2021 Kia Soul news to see if any of our predictions come true.