Latest news and rumors about the upcoming 2018 Kia Sportage SUV (release date, new colors and other changes)!
The fast growing South Korean automaker has launched the fourth generation Sportage crossover to the market at the beginning of 2016.
The highly popular compact crossover vehicle underwent a major redesign, gaining a whole new exterior and interior design layouts.
The Sportage SUV also received some new powertrain technology, as well as a more advanced all-wheel-drive system.
Having that in mind we do not expect the vehicle to receive many changes and enhancements for the upcoming 2018 model year.
2018 Kia Sportage changes – what to expect?
The styling of the current Sportage SUV is still fresh and attractive, so do not expect any styling tweaks for another year or two.
We also do not expect to see any changes inside the cabin. There is a possibility that Kia will upgrade some of the trim levels, while pricing should remain the same.
The Sportage AWD will be offered in 2018, but the all-wheel-drive will be optional.
- Official US release date: second half of 2017
- Dealership arrival U.S., Canada: fourth quarter of this year
- Powertrain changes: existing engine line-up will carry over
- Sportage hybrid: there are no reports about the Sportage becoming an electric hybrid vehicle
- Colors: the 2018 Kia Sportage may gain some new exterior color options
- Features: Kia will slightly enhance the existing trim levels and offer more features for the same price
- MSRP: no major Sportage pricing increase is on the horizon
Sportage 2018 release date
How about the official US release date of 2018 Kia Sportage?
There’s no official information about the Sportage US launch date at this point, however, we strongly believe the carmaker is going to release the 2018 model in the second half of this year.
It may be autumn or even winter before we see the first 2018 Sportage models start hitting the dealership stores across the USA and Canada.
More news coming soon
As usually, we will keep this blog post updated with all the latest Sportage news and rumors, so keep coming back to learn more about this exciting compact crossover!